Links

Home     About     Contact     Press     Yellow Skirt     SKETCHES

Thursday 27 March 2014

Visibling in the city - calm us down

Me on right, feeling vampirish. Ah, poor Jean. She comes to Vancouver a mere mortal and leaves as, well...

"Cut it out, Mel, or I'm throwing you overboard!" 

This photo shoot went something like this: "Did we get it?" "I don't know, I can't see." "Let's do it again." "Yeah, okay!" And again, and again. With lots of laughter in between, counting to ten with the camera timer like kids watching Sesame Street in the middle of a crowded thoroughfare.
Note the caution tape around us.

TOO MUCH FUN WITH JEAN of Dross into Gold, blabbing, shopping, power walking. And I broke a dish, oompah! What a privilege to hang out with Jean on her visit to Vancouver, and to meet her son and grandson. More photos of her trip are on her blog HERE. We were like a big ball of light illuminating the city, such a grand simpatico. Seriously, she is such a warm, smart, artist friend. I can see we're going places.

And secrets revealed - Jean is a real schtar. For REAL. Did you see her in this music video? You've got to watch it. Stunning! And she made that red top. Hold on to your hats, it's 1984.


And if that weren't enough, the day before my Big Jean Adventure I got to hang out with Sheila of Ephemera and her Studly Man L for brunch, a wee thrift, and a preview of some serious shoe shopping during their anniversary pilgrimage to Vancouver. Sheila rather shamefully lied on her blog when she said there was no bum-pinching going on during this trip... Naughty. But no one is complaining. In fact, I feel rather left out! I had the honours last time here.


Happy anniversary to these two gobsmackingly smart, stylish, fun people. As soon as we walked into the Fluevog store another dapper gent asked them where they're from, he clocked them as out-of-towners by their sheer fabulosity. Sheila posted lost of excellent photos of their trip HERE, including the one below taken by L.


Oops, can't jump in those shoes. I look forward to future meet-ups - it'll be BYOWB (bring your own wild boar, insider joke inspired by a famous writer I know). 

Blogger meet-ups. Sheesh! From my computer into my meat life. It's surreal but oh so WONDERFUL!

Thanks to the inspiration from Jean and Sheila and L, my street style blog has groaned back into action. You can see them HERE.


30 comments:

  1. I read Sheila's post on your meetup and was intrigued; how cool that you have had two recently. You all look like you had a blast. And I have to ask, Melanie, about your green fringed boots - gorg! . Are they vintage? Xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok you guys did so much better on taking pictures than me and Patti did at our meeting! Kudos to all of you! And who knew jean was such a star! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly - those boots are from Fluevog a couple years ago, marked down from gaaaa to $99. Score.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both pairs of your shoes and the muppet jacket is the best--- so jealous of these epic meet-ups!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excrutiatingly (SP!!) jealARSE!!!! I love a good blogger meet up, as you know. Two gorgeous wenches, you lucky thing! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, lucky, lucky you! It looks like you had a wonderful visit! Who better to show off Vancouver than You!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I just want to add, that as visible as you are, you remain elusive to me. I'm always on the lookout, but no sightings yet! First there was bigfoot, then sasquatch, yet the most coveted sighting is you in that green coat...with the green boots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Meat life," love it. I think blogger meetups are better than cupcakes and champagne. Or frozen cookie dough and tequila shots. I hope we're back up in that neck of the northwest again someday, would love to have a Very Stylish Meetup with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lard, y'all just knock me right over! All this fabulous warmth can't help but blast springtime this way. I love people being silly in amazing outfits - together! Lucky bloggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! I can only enjoy such adventures vicariously these days but someday I hope to enjoy more frolicking in the city. Wild boars you say. I can only imagine your writer friend to b Hemmingway and that you have mastered the art of time travel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. See, after seeing Sheila's boots and your footwear THAT day, I knew I shoulda brought my super-duper platform ruby slippers. You guys look astounding and I love everything you all are wearing.

    Did we win the lottery? If so, I'll be back up ASAP to pick up my share and to stop by the Fluevog store as well. I didn't even dare look in the window because I have a serious weakness...I couldn't even afford to look because I knew it would cost me. Maybe next time.

    Talk about jumping for joy! I need more practice, clearly. It felt like you were levitating beside me. I love your captioning and I love the pics and I love you and and and....XXXXOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yowza! Fabulous fotos, and it's clear a great time was had by all. I gotta get up there, to that groovy corner of the world. xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. You three chicks would get massive arse-squeezes from me if I were there. Two straight days of blogger meet-ups? I have RSI developing in my thumb and forefinger. Damn you are gorgeous, I'm feeling like I've been whacked with the boring stick today and I needed this post. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. So awesome! I love all three of your blogs, and now I get to see you all standing together. :D

    Mel, you look as gorgeous and vibrant as always. I love how all of you are clearly having a great time hanging out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You and Jean together are goddesses gone wild! I love seeing you in the same frame both beautiful artist souls! I would have stopped you all of the street no maybe not I'd have joined in the fun. You are all too cool!
    Xxxxooooo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You wore your green fettuccini boots! Abbodanza! So fun to see you and Jean. It is Blooger Meet-up season. I just met with Anne of Spygirl today. So sweet. She's coming your way.......

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gawd, I love those green fringed boots - they just kill me. You are too freakin' awesome, Melanie! We need to do a big Pac NW blogger convention or something, get all the crazy in one room, hee hee. Much bum-grabbing, I'm sure!

    Jean in that video is amazing. So sultry!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just so cool! I read Jean's blog post - she's really been a social butterfly. What a cool meet-up and fun fotos! And I'm glad you brought Culture Serf back to life!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I watched the video! Jean is total utter fabulous awesomeness! you too! and Sheila! I love it when y'all meet! makes me a happy camper x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Move over Nosferatu. What fun to be had. I'll just have to resort to photoshopping blogger meet-ups being in the Heartland...

    ReplyDelete
  21. GAAAA - you got to hang out with Jean AND Sheila in one week!!!!!! Am burning with jealousy now.

    Love the photos of you with the other stylish blogging dames. I'm sure the city of Vancouver is having withdrawal symptoms after playing host to so much creative craziness. One of these days that will be you and me, I just know it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, maybe you can't jump, but those shoes are crazy cool!
    What fun you had with your famous visitors...all of which have killer fashion sense! Jean's video was really fun...ahhh, the old days!
    But I think we're all getting way better with age!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Shoes, shoes, shoes . . . I'm looking through your post and my eye keep going to the shoes.
    Fabulous, Fun and Funky Shoes!!!
    Have a happy weekend.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So much fun!

    Your boots are killing me.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  25. So much fun!! I can fel it hrough your pictures and writing.
    Unfortunately I have to say I will comment less. May see everything but not comment on everything. Next to a more thank full time job, blogging and the such has become to much. i have to cut down in order to have a real life as well.
    But I will visit and I will not forget you.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  26. wouuu, you're gloriously fabulous, meeting with those Awesome Blogger Ladies!!, you're so gorgeous and funny!!
    besos & locura!

    ReplyDelete
  27. looks like so much fun! envy - you can those stunning gals easily!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. Blogger meet up are the BEST! Gorgeous Jean, and Super Sheila and L, how lovely to spend time with them. You all look soooooo good! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am so jealous that you got to meet up with the fab Jean, Sheila and L!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've been grinning through this entire post. Jean and Sheila in the same week. I can see and feel the excitement all the way to Denver!

    Love the video. Jean and her red top were the star of the show. Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes were at the top of my list in the 70's and saw them live. So happy that you shared this secret!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...