New Fashion Rules:
- All political leaders must wear neon colours (and paisley) to important summit meetings to set the right tone for peace and conciliation.
- Male political leaders must wear mod side-zip ankle boots, in white or black, and bell bottoms.
- Female leaders must wear go-go boots and maxi dresses.
Smiles bloomed all around me as I sashayed down my route, my corolla bobbing in herbaceous splendour. Black and white turned to technicolour in a fleeting trail of sparklets that twinkled in the gloom and wet of another rainy day.
- sleeveless neon orange satin blouse with ruffles, thrifted
- neon pink satin blouse, Jacqueline Conoir, thrifted
- elastic stomacher-style orange belt with rear velcro closure, thrifted
- pinstriped executive skirt, thrifted
- D&G animal-print shoes, thrifted
- red beret, thrifted
- Betsey Johnson coat, and tights, retail
Rain seems to be the weather du jour everywhere right now. I hope you are all finding ways to cope. Maybe shopping will help. After all that venting, who knows? Maybe I'll hit a few thrift stores... I'll use my flower power to knock those shopping suckers outta my way. Okay, so I'm a Venus Fly Trap, not a benign tropical bloom after all...
Bella at Citizen Rosebud has drawn up a pledge which affirms one's intent to shop second-hand first. I'm glad she said "first" because I do still have a weakness for retail from time to time. I have already been living according to this credo, but now I have a beautiful new colourful widget for my sidebar.