It's the power of gold spangles, my friends. This treasure cast so many reflections that my elevator became a private discotheque. When I stepped onto the sidewalk, the entire city lit up in sparkly madness.
The day I bought this top I entered my favourite thrift store determined not to find anything. After careful scrutiny of every corner I had achieved my targeted disappointment. But of course, like any good soldier of style, I had to do a second sweep - JUST TO MAKE SURE! On my way out, the glint caught my eye...
- gold sequin top, thrifted (same neck style as the sparkle catsuit of a couple posts ago)
- maxi floral silk skirt, Debbie Suchat sample, thrifted, last seen as spring skress HERE
- ankle boots, you've seen them all over the place, new long ago
- oversized mauve silk blouse, hand-me-over from time-sealed treasure chest
- magic loupe, O made it for me
- maxi cardi with convenient pockets located at knee height, sample sale, Metallicus
- unseen: mustard tights and wild diamond-patterned socks, for a future post...
- toolbox handbag, not shown here but it was my bag du jour
Below is how I looked outside with my cardi against the chill and my street style camera.
When I wear this skirt the way it was designed, as an actual maxi skirt rather than as a skress, the waist settles around my hips so that the hem elegantly sweeps the floor, or sidewalk - not so elegant! So I rolled the waist to shorten the length, which worked for a while at least.
In this outfit I envision myself centre stage playing electric guitar for the song "Blinded by the Light" by Manfred Mann, never mind that I can't play electric guitar...
Does anyone know the REAL lyrics by heart?... If you do, you have my admiration. I hope you're having a week full of sparkle, real or imagined.